Warren Church of Christ is an open and welcoming fellowship. Everyone may join us in worship service, Sunday School, and all of our activities and events; even if you are still working to understand and accept the Bible’s teachings on the elements of this statement of beliefs.
What is Warren Church of Christ?
We are an independent, non-denominational congregation, modeled after Christ’s New Testament church.
- There is only the One living and true God, eternally existing in three Persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and that:
- God is the Creator of all things (Genesis 1:1-31).
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God (John 3:16-18).
- The Holy Spirit is the presence of God in the world and living inside each believer of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:38 & Romans 8:9-11).
- The Bible is the Word of God, divinely inspired, without error, our complete and final authority in all matters of Christian faith and life (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- Each of us was created by God in His own image and likeness (Genesis 1:27) and all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, but can be freely redeemed by God’s grace and through the blood of Jesus Christ (Romans 3:23-24).
- The Church is one spiritual body, consisting of believers who place their faith in Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 12:12-13); each Church member being a part of the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27) and with Jesus Christ as the head of the Church (Ephesians 1:22).
- Our Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus (Ephesians 2:4-10) and a free gift from God available to all who follow these commandments:
- Believe (John 3:16-18, Acts 8:12-13, Hebrews 11:6, James 2:22-24)
- Repent (Luke 15:7, Acts 2:38, Acts 17:30, 2 Peter 3:9)
- Confess (Romans 10:8-10, Matthew 10:32, Mark 8:38)
- Be Baptized (Acts 2:38, Matthew 28:18-20, John 3:3-5, Romans 6:1-7, Galatians 3:26-27, Colossians 2:11-12, 1 Peter 3:18-21)
- Each of us should pursue a Christ-Centered Life. (Colossians 2:6-7, Titus 2:11-14, James 2:14-17, 2 Peter 1:5-11)
- It is our responsibility to include and teach every command found in Scripture concerning salvation.
- God is the Judge of all mankind, we have no right to make any final judgement about a person’s salvation.